Friday, September 17, 2010

Friday Confessions: I can't rollerskate

I am not very fond of sports that involve riding on wheels. I honestly cannot skate forwards. I don't know why but every single time I got in a pair of rollerskates I could only move backwards. Because of that, I did not skate very much growing up, and then I discovered roller blades. At least in them I can go forward. Once at a roller rink birthday party they turned off the lights and turned on the disco balls. All my friends started skating (or rollerblading in my case) around in a tight circle while following the lights on the floor. You know what I am talking about! I got a bit dizzy and completely face planted. I busted my lip pretty badly, and needless to say I haven't rollerbladed much since.

Is it just me or do other people have trouble skating forwards?


1 comment:

  1. I think its just you! :) But Roper, our 14-month old that refuses to walk, will only go backwards in his walker. Go figure. I'm convinced when he finally starts walking he will only walk backwards.

    ReplyDelete