Thursday, September 9, 2010

Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt

I love salty and sweet combination. I could easily eat an entire batch of chocolate covered pretzels, but I won't. I saw these Chocolate Truffles with Sea Salt a few weeks back and put them on my list of things to make. I then proceeded to buy a piece of dark chocolate with sea salt at the World Market. You know the trick that stores do where they place things in baskets right at the counter. Well I caved and got a piece. Now that I had that taste, I had to make them this week.

Well these didn't exactly turn out the way I thought they would. I thought soft chewy center with a hard chocolate covering. It basically turned out to be a large piece of a semi-soft mix of dark and milk chocolate which isn't necesarily a bad thing. How ever they took quite a bit of time. If the consistency stays the same next time I make these I will definitely make the truffles a bit smaller. Upside though- its fancy looking, its got a fancy name, and who doesn't love chocolate especially when its paired with sea salt?




No comments:

Post a Comment