Friday, July 23, 2010

Friday Confessions: The Wardrobe

Growing up, I wouldn't say that I was the most stylish kid, but its okay. I was just a kid. Not all of this was my fault. Although I did play a big part in it. Obviously my mom bought me clothes, but from a young age she let me pick out what I wanted to wear. I am pretty sure I wore a certain cotton short and t-shirt outfit every other day. It was neon pink and orange, and it had both stripes and polka dots. I blame the early 90's. I am sure my wardrobe choice didn't help the fact that I never brushed my hair. Really. I thought it was better that way.

But I was just a kid. So all that was okay. Then came junior high and highschool. I admit I had a white dress shirt/blouse that didn't have buttons. It had strips of velcro. Yes, thats right velcro. It was passed down to me from my sister Carrie. So I blame her even though she didn't make me wear it. I actually thought it was cool just like I thought those circle comb headbands that separated your hair were cool (I know you know what I am talking about). This shirt was a little dangerous. You had to be careful you didn't get caught on anything. Buttons=secure. Velcro=not so secure. I actually didn't realize how weird a thing my velcro dress shirt was until I told my Bible study girls. Apparently no one else ever had one nor had ever heard of a velcro dress shirt. Which brings me to another admission/question combo- did anyone else wear mock turtle necks besides me and my sisters? they had the turtle neck and then a circle of fabric that you tucked under your other shirt or if you were like me tucked under your dress. If anyone else has worn these or a velcro dress shirt, please let me know that I am not alone or feel free to mock if you were a stylish kid.

1 comment:

  1. No one else has commented about having worn a mock turtle neck or a velcro dress...and I haven't...I don't think, but I did wear turtle necks and hated them! I don't know if I know what you are describing when you talk about the mock turtle neck.

    ReplyDelete