Saturday, July 24, 2010

Caprese Salad & BLTs

I know you all are dying to know what I did with my heirloom tomatos, mozzarella, and basil. Well I decided to make Caprese Salad. I had never had it before and it didn't sound that awesome. It is so simple, and that's what made it great and so delicious. It is now on my list of go to sides.


Caprese Salad

Tomato
Fresh Mozzarella
Fresh Basil
Olive Oil
Lemon Juice
Salt
Pepper

Slice tomatos and mozzarella and place on plate in an alternating fashion. Chop basil and sprinkle on top. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Drizzle with equal amounts olive oil and lemon juice immediately before serving.

The next day we still had some mozzarella and tomato left and decided to make BLT. We fused together Caprese Salad and a traditional BLT, and it made a fantastic sandwhich!



Caprese BLT

Tomato
Mozzarella
Basil
Bacon
Lettuce
Mayonaisse
Bread

Toast Bread. Thinly slice mozzarella. Place mozzarella on bread and place under broiler. Make sure you watch the bread closely so the edges don't burn. Heat until mozzarella is warm. Add bacon, lettuce, tomato, basil, and mayo. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment