Saturday, July 3, 2010

Almost Flourless Chocolate Cake

I finally got to bake with my friend Jessica this past week. Our first thought was to tackle decorating a cake with fondant, but due to lack of preparation time we went with a chocolate cake. I say it was almost flourless because it has 1 Tbs of flour, and I don't think that counts. We prepared the cake, put it in the oven, and sat down to watch "Say Yes to the Dress" which I love and recently found on Netflix instant. When it was finished we let it cool, made some coffee, cut a slice, and sat down to eat it while watching 2 or 3 more episodes. The only thing wrong with the cake were the eggs. We did not wisk the eggs and some showed up in the cooked cake. Note: use a wisk to mix/break up eggs in flourless cakes (especially when there are 5 in the recipe). All in all it was a great cake topped with whipped cream and coffee on the side.



My attempts to get us both in the picture with our cake. I really need to learn how to use the timer on my camera since my arms aren't long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment