Monday, July 26, 2010

Answered prayer

Last week I wrote about missing service opportunities. I also said that I was praying that God would open more opportunity for me to serve. Last night on the way to a friend's house, I came upon 2 ladies on the side of the road. One of them was in a dress trying to flag people down. I wouldn't normally stop, but for whatever reason I had no conservations whatsoever about stopping. I asked if they need help and pulled my car to the side. All they needed was some help pushing the car off the road. The one lady's family was already on the way. I found out the lady in the dress flagging people down was another person who had stopped to see if the other lady needed help. She had pushed the car as far as she could by herself (in that dress). We pushed the car out of the road, and she was so thankful.

I didn't even recognize this situation as an answer to my prayers until it dawned on me much later- God provided me with that opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Miriam - so glad to hear about an answered prayer. He always listens! What a great thing for you to do... you probably will never know how much it helped a stranger out. (:

    ReplyDelete