Friday, July 30, 2010

Friday Confessions: Attachment to shoes

Sometimes when I get an idea for the "Friday Confessions" series, I will jump on here and write a short sentence that gives me a sense of what the post might be about. Its not even a sentence necessarily, just a list of key words to help me remember all the details I want to convey. Here's what I wrote for this post:

slip on keds with holes two small ran away

So here's the real story...I have always had kind of an attachment to shoes. When I was 5 I had a pair of slip on tye dye keds. I wore them everywhere. I continued to wear them even though my feet were growing like weeds. It got to a point that I was wearing them after they had formed holes at the toes, but good thing they did because they probably wouldn't fit without my toes hanging out the ends. One day when I was at school they disappeared. I got home from school ( I am sure I wasn't allowed to wear them there any more due to their condition), and they were gone. I was worried, and my mom said they ran away. Really mom? They ran away? Well, I believed her. I have to admit, even today, I have a hard time throwing shoes away. 

Instead of a picture from the past, check out these toms...I really want them.


3 comments:

  1. I saw these same exact Toms for the first time in Hawaii... Hart had to pry me away from the shoe area in the little shop we were at! lol They are so darn cute! I hope one of us gets them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miriam,

    I saw these in a magazine about 6 months before they came out and have waited and waited for them to come out. Now that they are out, I can't bring myself to pay for them, but I think eventually I will. I heart them. A. LOT. I'm with you.

    Conner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like these...even though I'm not usually a huge fan of Toms due to the floppy toe...I do support their cause...if they could find a way to stiffen those toes!

    ReplyDelete