Wednesday, July 21, 2010

9 bucks left and I went to Earth Fare

I am a sucker...for good food, expecially when coupons are involved. I am on my last week of the 6 week budget cycle and have $9 left. I knew last week that I was running short but that didn't stop me from buying an overload of fruit and 30 rolls of double roll toilet paper (which equals 60 rolls).  The mass amount of fruit included a bunch of bananas (literally and figuratively), 10 peaches, a quart of strawberries, a pint of blueberries, and a whole pinapple. Thats a lot of fruit especially when its only for two people and only one of the two people really eats more than bananas unless the other person personally cuts the fruit herself and serves it with dinner.

So I have $9 left. Since I got some free milk at CVS this weekend, I figured I don't really need any other real grocercies. Right? I mean I have a pretty good stock at the house so I decided to take advantage of this deal at Earth Fare. I might buy over priced tomatoes but they are organic. Plus, I get free mozzarella and basil. I am not a health nut. I don't usually buy organic, but the other day they had organic lettuce on sale and it made the most delicious salads I have eaten in a really long time. So I am super excited to figure out what I am going to make with my fresh mozzerella, fresh basil, and organic tomatos!

On another note, I think that I am going to enter this contest. I just have to figure out a creative way to photograph my tomatos!


1 comment:

  1. you should make bruschetta! (not sure if that's how you spell it) it's delicious =)

    ReplyDelete