Monday, May 31, 2010

Saturday

I really like Saturdays. They are different from every other day, and they are special. When we got married, we started a tradition of having a big (or at least different/special) breakfast than all the other days of the week. This is a tradition that I took away from living with the Wrights (a family at my church) for a summer and a half. We usually eat some kind of biscuits but this Saturday we made french toast. We sat outside on our porch, ate breakfast, enjoyed the nice breeze, and watched people going to the yardsale at the end of our culdesac. I love those times- enjoying the outside, a good meal, time with my husband, time without a tv or other noise. I wish we had more Saturday mornings, but don't we all.

Our Saturday in pictures....

French toast for breakfast (okay not a picture of our actual french toast because we ate it immediately. I mean you don't want it to get cold!). This makes my mouth water....maybe we will have french toast 2 weeks in a row....


Cosmo explored the trash pile across the road, and I caught him in the act.



Abby slept on the porch when she wasn't barking like a maniac at the people walking to the yardsale.



Glen bought an old belt sander for $10 at that yardsale.



I bought some linen pants from Loft. I have been wanting them for awhile now. They were on sale plus an extra 40% off since it was Memorial day weekend!


I made mini cupcakes for a cookout on Sunday.



oh, and I forgot to mention to you our mini-sego palms. We dug these up last week our of our big sego palms. So that was last weekend but this weekend they enjoyed the sun and some rain.



The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment