Friday, May 21, 2010

Friday Confessions: Cat Food

I see that a lot of blogs have a thing. Some kind of post that is a constant. You can expect it every week, and it brings much joy to those who read it. And thus begins Friday Confessions. Not that I am thinking that I will give joy to everyone who reads this, but I thought it would be fun. It will consist of some story whether embarrasing, weird, or just funny from my past or current to give insight into who I am/was/might still be.

So this Friday confession was inspired by my sister Carrie who said on her facebook account, "I just caught Alexis [her daughter] on all fours drinking from the cat's water bowl".

My family had cats growing up. Lots of cats. Penny was the first and lasted the longest (16 years). Jenny, Penny's twin, didn't get invited to be in the family. Cleo, a stray, did. Cleo had litters of kittens which resulted in Sami (short for Samantha from Days of our Lives). Sami was my cat. She was born a day after the rest of the litter, had pretty severe breathing issues, sometimes while running would immediately stop and fall asleep, and was allergic to fleas which caused baldness on her complete lower half. But she was mine and I loved her.

Anyways, enough of the background. Carrie and I for a brief period of time as kids ate cat food. Don't ask me why. Maybe we were playing pretend or were just curious how it tasted. Anyhow, we ate it, and now it seems, Alexis has not fallen far from the tree. She is her mother's daughter.



P.S. This is not my cat. This picture is just for fun.



And for the record, I no longer eat cat food. It's been 20 years, and I'm going strong.

1 comment:

  1. Important details you forgot to mention:

    - How did the cat food taste?
    - Was it soft cat food or hard cat food?
    - What exactly is a "brief period of time"????

    ReplyDelete