Thursday, May 13, 2010

I miss cooking

So I haven't been baking/cooking/trying new recipes as much lately. Why?
1. We have been really busy lately.
2. I started my $50 Challenge.
I used to find a recipe, go buy the ingredients I need, and make it. I would coupon for our "regular" weekly food, but the new recipes were special. I have changed my ways, but this makes it difficult to try a recipe that has a lot of extras we don't normally keep in the pantry. We do have an exception to the $50 rule. It is for special meals that we specifically invite people to we can buy outside of our budget. I really enjoy entertaining people and would die if I had to feed them cheese and crackers like I had for lunch today. And now that we are winding down from our insanely busy spring, hopefully we can start entertaining again and I can try my new recipes. So if you want a home cooked meal, let me know!

In the meantime I have two new ventures on the horizon:
1. Homemade chocolate shells with no bake coffee cheesecake
2. Strawberry preserves (a project for the weekend)

No comments:

Post a Comment