Monday, May 17, 2010

Lessons Learned

The last two times I visited the grocery store they have overcharged me on produce.

 The first time I was overcharged I caught it on the screen. I saw $8.90 flash across the screen when the cashier rung up my 2 zucchini. Really $8.90. So I asked before I paid how much the zucchini cost because they were supposed to be $1/lb. Apparently baby zucchini cost $8.90. I am not really sure what's special about baby zucchini, but I think I'll pass.

 The second instance, I left the grocery store with my heart sinking because I paid more than I thought I would for that grocery trip.

Sad. I know.

I then proceeded to examine my receipt when I got in the car and saw elephant garlic listed on my receipt, 6 bucks of elephant garlic. I only wanted regular garlic. I returned to the store and got my refund.

Two lessons learned:

1. Watch the screen as the cashier rings up all your items and then check your receipt before you leave the store.
2. Don't buy baby or giant produce. Be content with regular size produce.

2 comments: