Wednesday, March 2, 2011

No more lime green

We have been in our house for almost three years now and haven't painted one wall until this past weekend. The whole house is a very light neutral beige color except for what was the baby's room (for the people who lived there before us). That room was lime green and had glow in the dark stars on the ceiling. We had been using it for our guest room and had never gotten around to painting it or taking down those glow in the dark stars (although one would fall down on its own every 1 or 2 months). I am glad to report there is no more lime green. Don't get me wrong. I like lime green, just as an accent color not on all the walls. It was a bit overwhelming. We decided on a neutral brown. Yes, its a little unconventional. One might think with a girl we would choose pink or at least a gender neutral pastel yellow or green, but we went with brown. I forget the name of the color, but I am sure its fawn or latte or milk chocolate or something of the sort. I love it and can't wait till we get furniture in there and decorations up. We plan to do some of our own canvas art to hang up, and we still need to paint the changing table. We have 19 weeks left, but I am still itching to get this project going!

Before

In Process...

After!

2 comments:

  1. It looks great! I think I might miss the green though! Honestly I kinda liked it with the spread you had in there, but i know it wouldn't do for baby girl scogin's room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fantastic.But for kids it won't work.

    ReplyDelete