Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The tree

I love Christmas trees, especially real Christmas trees. I really don't like fake trees, sorry mom. I know they are simpler. You don't have to water them, and your cat won't eat it. But real trees are so much fun and I love the scent that fills the house when you have one. The past couple of years we have gotten a modest sized frazier fir (the more expensive kind). This year we went with the 6-7 ft douglas fir. We picked a very full one, and it looked great. It sat outside all weekend, and we finally trimmed it and brought it in Monday night. We put lights on it tonight. After bringing it inside, I realized we got a tree that's a bit too big for our little space, but we rearranged the furniture to make it fit, and I love it! This year we also decided to go with just lights no ornaments and a topper. Simple but fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment