Friday, December 10, 2010

Friday Confessions: Unwrapped

When my sisters and I were younger, both of our parents worked. So come Christmas season, presents sat under the tree. That meant we were left without parental supervision with all of our Christmas presents. I am not sure how long this actually went on, but we would unwrap and then rewrap all of our Christmas presents while our parents were at work. We got really good at rewrapping. You would never know it was ever unwrapped. Unless it was a particularly hard to rewrap present, we knew everything we were getting for Christmas.

Was it sneaky? Yes.

Was it bad for us to unwrap all our presents while our parents were at work? Of course.

Will I leave my future children unattended with their Christmas presents? Absolutely not.

1 comment:

  1. I have a few other friends that have admitted to doing this, and I have to say.. it is ABSOLUTELY BIZARRE. I was left alone to gifts and I took more delight in staring at the box, trying to figure out what it was and never even *thought* to unwrap and rewrap. My brother on the other hand...he was pretty sneaky.

    ReplyDelete