Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Confessions: Sharks

Growing up my family went to Edisto Beach, and when I say my whole family I mean grandparents, aunts, cousins, ect. - the whole she-bang. Well, on one trip we (the kids) were out swimming. I am pretty sure we were the only ones out there too. All of the sudden the soundtrack to jaws started playing and we see a fin come up out of the water. Okay maybe the soundtrack didn't start playing, but that makes it more dramatic, doesn't it? Without skipping a beat, we ran out of the water screaming. When we got to shore a couple of old people were sitting there laughing. We looked back into the water to discover these were dolphins not sharks. We sure did give them a good laugh. I guess better safe than sorry.

Anyways, I surely hope there are no sharks in the Dominican Republic (or at least we don't see any), but I wouldn't mind seeing some dolphins while riding on the Catamaran!

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how many sharks my brother and I caught while fishing from the shore of Edisto Beach. I'm so serious!

    ReplyDelete