Monday, October 25, 2010

Drumsticks and Salad Dressing

It was nice to not have to cook for an entire week while we were on vacation. Plus, it was all "free" being all-inclusive! I should really say it was nice not to have to plan and clean up. I really love to cook but I don't like having to run to the grocery store for ingredients we don't have and even more I hate to clean up afterwards especially since I have a tendency to use every pot, pan, and bowl in the kitchen. Well we are back to reality where no one cooks our meals or cleans up after us.

So we tried 2 new recipes this weekend. First we tried these Hot & Sweet Drumsticks. These were quite yummy. However, we like things pretty hot so I added double the called for hot sauce and it still needed something. I think next time we might try adding some fresh jalapenos to the sauce. We also grilled them instead of putting them in the oven!

Second, I whipped up this Whole Grain Mustard Vinaigrette for our spinach salad. It was awesome! I love vinaigrettes and this one has super simple ingredients. It's officially my new favorite salad topper. I would love to try it on green beans too.

No comments:

Post a Comment