Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Chicken Chili

One of my favorite things to make in Fall, Winter, whenever its cold is chicken chili. I fell in love with it at Atlanta Bread Company. I could eat it for days, even weeks. Actually its what we are eating almost everyday this week! The best thing is its a little different everytime I make it! I have a general guideline of what I put in the chili but I never measure it so I couldn't write down a true recipe. That way everyone can make the chili to their own liking!

Chicken Chili
1 can each Black Beans, White Beans, Kidney Beans (drained)
4 cans dice tomatos
1 small can tomato paste
chicken
chicken broth (if its too thick)
diced onions (3 small)
diced green peppers (2)
diced jalapeno peppers (1-2)
pickled jalapeno peppers (handful)
garlic
chili powder
cumin
red pepper flakes
hot sauce
Cheese (garnish)
Sour Cream (garnish)

Saute the onions, peppers, and garlic. Dump everything in a pot and simmer for a couple of hours. You don't have to let it cook that long but I think that it really makes everything good and blended that way!


p.s. This recipe makes a lot! But it can easily be frozen and saved for later. This is a very chunky (filling) chili so if you want more "soup" you'll have to add tomato sauce or more paste and broth.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the great recipe Only thing different that I did was do ground turkey and ground chicken. I also added a red bell pepper and used ancho chill powder.
    **kk
    You have a beautiful family as well. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this recipe, I worked at the last Atlanta Bread Company here in Colorado before we closed a few years back and have been craving the chicken chili which I would eat every week! This tastes just like it! 🤤🫶🏼

    ReplyDelete