Friday, April 16, 2010

Spring has sprung...well, sort of

I have been waiting for my rose bushes to bloom for awhile now. For the past two weeks they have looked like they are going to explode. They are getting bigger...starting to take over the side of our porch really, but refuse to bloom other than about 10 renegade blossoms. Glen keeps saying, "Maybe we should cut them back again.." and I adamantly say "NO...then we would lose like 100 rose buds."- No kidding they're huge and getting bigger. So I guess we will hold off in hopes that the rose bushes don't take over our house and keep us captive. At least we have two doors to escape from.

Here are some pics of what has bloomed. Also, I am very excited to say I finally figured out the right Macro settings for my camera...a year later, but better now than never!





p.s. I am by no means a gardener. The rose bushes came with the house and were certainly established...I usually kill things. Usually due to the lack of water or too much water. I guess I just don't have that green thumb, but soon I hope to plant some sunflowers. According to my research they are the best flowers to start your kids (potential gardeners) with because they are pretty much guarenteed to grow. I guess it can apply to those gardening-handicapped adults too!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I love roses because they are really pretty to cut and bring inside (as are sunflowers). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete