Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tortilla-less Fajitas on Rice

I have been eating a lot of mexican food this week...like every meal except breakfast. Please help me if you see me eating mexican food for breakfast. Seriously, don't let me get that obsessed.

So I thought I would share one of my recipes with you.



Chicken Fajitas
 8 Chicken strips
1 Green Bell Pepper
1/2 Onion
1 cup of water
4 tsp. Fajita Seasoning (recipe below)

Cook chicken in a Tbs. of olive oil. Remove chicken and slice. Add sliced onion and green peppper. Cook until just soft. Add chicken back to pan. Add water and Fajita Seasoning. Mix together. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Top Salsa Rice (recipe below) with Fajitas.

Fajita Seasoning
1 Tbs. Cornstarch
2 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tps. Salt
1 tsp. Paprika
1 tsp. Sugar
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
2 tps. Chicken seasoning (generic)

Mix together and store for cooking.

Salsa Rice
1 cup rice
2 cups water
1 can Rotel
Shredded Cheese (to taste)

Bring water to a boil. Add rice and drained can of rotel. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Watch closely in the last five minutes to make sure the rice does not burn. Uncover rice and stir. Top with cheese when ready to serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment