Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I only bake with Crisco


Last week Glen wanted some chocolate chip cookies so I said, "sure I have all the stuff to make them, but you have to clean up." Well I had almost all the stuff. I usually use Butter Flavored Crisco (sidenote: this is shortening/Tub O' Fat which is not healthy but makes the BEST cookies ever), and we were out. I decided that we could just use butter. That's what the recipe calls for, right? Wrong. The cookies were flat and gross looking. Sure they didn't tasted so aweful I wanted to throw up, but I didn't try to save any of them at the end of the night either. After the first batch, of which glen ate 2 cookies and threw away the rest, we decided to make a cookie cake type thing. It was fine. It did not have that cookie crisp though.

So on my last grocery store trip I definitely bought some more crisco and decided to make some more cookies, and they were delightful and all things are back to the way they should be...






1 comment: