Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Olive Overload

This week I have been trying to make extra special homemade meals because I will be out of town all next week, and Glen will be here fending for himself. Tuesday night I decided to try two new recipes which both involved olives. I think I ate a record number of olives between the two dishes and snacking on them while cooking. They were both very good (minus the whole battle with the chicken which I conceded to lose). I had bought chicken quarters a while back because they were super cheap. The first of that chicken we grilled and it was great. Then last night I thawed a new batch and we got the quarter with the vertebrae and some leftover organs. It was gross. I am not sure why I thought it would be all nice and clean. It wasn't. I ended up cutting of the legs and salvaging what meat I could from the other half which wasn't much. I really butchered them (no pun intended)! Despite my lost battle with the chicken, dinner was successful, and I have since decided not to buy any more chicken quarters.

So without further adieu.... Chicken with Olives and Olive Focaccia....recipes found here and here.




2 comments: