Friday, June 4, 2010

Neighborly

neigh·bor·ly
Pronunciation: \-lē\
Function: adjective
Date: 1558
: of, relating to, or characteristic of congenial neighbors; especially : friendly
synonyms see amicable
— neigh·bor·li·ness noun

In attempts to find a clever title for this post I started googling. Googling? Is that a word. Maybe I need to google googling, but I won't. Anyways, back to the point. I came up with Neighborly, especially friendly, amicable, congenial.

Last night we went to a party that our neighbors were hosting. They had invited us the night before. They invited a lot of our neighbors too! I admit that we said we were going to get to know our neighbors. We said we wanted to make that effort. Time passed by and we never did. I regret that, but I am so glad that our neighbors made the effort. I am looking forward to getting to know them better and meet more people in our neighborhood. Why is it so hard to reach out to people in the very place that you live? Why do we have a tendency to keep to ourselves and not make an effort?

In the end our neighbors are very neighborly, and I hope we will be too.





P.S. I admit I did google Googling and it is also in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. Who'da thunk it?

No comments:

Post a Comment