Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Sunbutter Cookies

I finally found some Sunbutter. After three different Publix stores, I finally found it. I think I now know why it was so hard to find. I came upon it by chance. While going down the sauces aisle to find some ketchup I decided to continue down the aisle towards the salad dressings and low and behold in between the barbaque sauce and vinaigrettes was tucked a row of almond butter, soy butter, and SUNBUTTER! So Sunday I decided to bake some cookies. Originally I wanted to try make Gold Medal Cookies which have lots of goodies in them but decided to try just plain sunbutter cookies (like peanut butter cookies) to evaluate the taste. The jury is still out on whether they are good or just strange. They are certainly not bad just different. I will soon make some Gold Medal Cookies which contain oatmeal, chocolate chips, and M&M's and then make a final judgement on the sunbutter.


 
And on another note, I sadly found out that the Ben & Jerry's in Columbia closed so no free Ben & Jerry's- my heart is truly broken. I guess I will have to buy a pint at the grocery store and pretend it is Free Cone Day.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry that we couldn't get Ben & Jerry's today. I could tell that it was very hard for you. On a positive note, I bet those Gold Medal Cookies will be delicious with all that chocolate!

    ReplyDelete