Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Series of Unfortunate Events

For my second English college class I took a fiction class. One of the sections was children's literature. We read the first book in A Series of Unfortunate Events: A Bad Beginning. I enjoyed this book so much. I had already decided at that point that one day in the future when I had kids that I would get the rest of this series for them. I know its a kids book but it is so entertaining and I figure if I am reading them books I want to enjoy them too.

Recently I bought some books off of amazon and needed to purchase just $10 more so that I could avoid a shipping cost of $5. So I got the second book. I haven't started reading it yet but I just might. They say at this point the baby can hear what's going on outside of the womb. Wouldn't that be a sight, me reading a 10 year old's book out loud to my pregnant self. I might just have to do it. Or if anyone wants to come over, we can have story time.


p.s. If you didn't like the movie, no worries. It didn't do the books justice.

2 comments:

  1. I read and/or listened on tape to all of them and loved them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read everything out loud to the baby, before and after. It's not the words so much as the sing song of a really well read piece of writing. That's why Dr. Seuss works so well, the natural ups and downs of the word choices. But prose works, too. Good call on that.

    ReplyDelete