Sunday, February 28, 2010

Coed Wedding Shower

Saturday night Glen and I got the privilege of hosting our first ever couples/coed shower for our good friends Jonathan and Amber. We spent almost all day cleaning, doing yard work, and cooking. We had a good turn out! When the last guests left last night (after watching a little olympics) we collasped in bed exhausted. Overall, I feel like hosting our first shower was a success!

As a side note: Abby also had a successful first shower. I had contemplated boarding Abby for the night so that we would not have to deal with her extreme enthusiasm over new people, but Glen convinced me it was going to be okay. So she also attended the shower. There were a few leaps onto people so that she could lick their faces but not too many of those (thankfully). Luckily she found a friend. One couple brought their 5 year old daughter with whom Abby was infatuated with. I think she was pretty infatuated with Abby too. So they got to where each other out and Abby made a new friend!

Glen and I with Amber and Jonathan

The Spread which included: mini-cupcakes, pretzel kisses, strawberries, ham & swiss rolls, pimento cheese sandwiches, hot artichoke dip, roasted vegetable dip, beer cheese dip, and salsa





1 comment:

  1. Never missed any of the wedding showers of my friends and cousins. I am actually a foodie and try all the drinks, starters, cuisines and desserts offered at parties. Best experience till now was at event halls for rent booked for my best friend's engagement eve recently. Looking forward for her wedding day in a couple of months.

    ReplyDelete