Saturday, February 20, 2010

Got Buttermilk?

A few months ago I started making buttermilk cheddar biscuits from a recipe that I found here off of food network. I changed the recipe a little. I use garlic salt instead of plain salt. I also use buttermilk and egg wash to coat the biscuits. Lastly I cut the recipe in half and make 8 mini biscuits instead of 8 large ones. They taste very much like the ones from Red Lobster. You might be saying to yourself "really ,Miriam, Red Lobster." Yes, I know not the classiest seafood joint and maybe you will never visit such an establishment, but their cheddar biscuits are the BEST! So try this recipe and see what you think!
I also discovered that buttermilk is pretty expensive for the little jug that you get so the past two weeks I have been experimenting with other buttermilk recipes. Last weekend we made some pretty tasty buttermilk french toast. You can find the recipe here. And this weekend we tried buttermilk pancakes. You can find that recipe here. On the pancakes I added a tsp. of sugar and tsp. of vanilla because of the comments left on the recipe and they turned out really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment