Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday Confessions: Turkey

Last year I attempted to cook my first ever turkey. I was ready. I read all the instructions on thawing and cooking. I definitely knew what I was doing, and I was ready to tackle that turkey. The night before I checked on the turkey to make sure it was ready to go, and it was rock solid. I had taken it out of the freezer several days before, but it was still very frozen. I kind of freaked out, but I knew that I could thaw it in water in the sink. I however did not know how long that would actually take. So I filled the sink up added the rock solid frozen turkey and proceeded to change the water every 30 minutes like the directions instructed. This went on for a long time. It got so late that Glen said he would do it and let me go to bed. The next morning I got up at 6 am to start preparing the turkey, and I found that ole' turkey still in the sink. Glen had forgotten to put the turkey back in the fridge when he went to bed. So I called my mom and emailed the butterball turkey hotline. The consensus was that the turkey was not good to eat. So we ran to the grocery store, picked up some small turkey breasts, and never got to cook our turkey.

This year I plan to be successful with my turkey. We are having some friends over for a friends thanksgiving this weekend and I am determined to cook my turkey which by the way I got for $6! Yeah, that's a steal! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment