Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Confessions: the escaped kangaroo

I get very excited when I see things that are out of the ordinary. This week there was a deer at the entrance of my neighborhood. What in the world was a deer doing in the middle of downtown Columbia? Seriously there are no woods really near us just neighborhoods and city. This siting inspired today's Friday Confessions.

Last year I was on my way home from Christmas shopping and I was driving on Broad River Road near Greystone (where the zoo is). On the side of the road I saw a kangaroo that had been hit. I kinda freaked out. How could the kangaroo have escaped and made it all the way to Broad River and get hit? I was debating whether to call the zoo immediately to let them know or just wait till I got home to ask Glen what we should do. Glen was doubtful of what I saw but I was so sure. Why would I make something like this up? It was going to be quite a story to tell. So later that day doubting Glen made us drive past where I saw the deceased kangaroo because he still didn't believe me. Glen dashed my dreams of a good story because we drove by and saw that it was just a baby deer that was positioned in such a way that I thought is was a kangaroo. I later found out that the zoo didn't even have kangaroo at that point.

I really love a good story, but sadley the kangaroo story isn't true.

No comments:

Post a Comment