Monday, September 19, 2011

2 months

i can't believe emma taylor is 2 months old! she is getting into more of a regular schedule, and she is definitely becoming more active and interactive. i love seeing her big toothless smile and hearing her baby noises which most often is a high pitched squeal or yell. she is past the whole cooing thing and demands to be heard! her favorite place to be is definitely on her playmat, and she can be entertained for quite awhile with a ceiling fan. she sleeps great at night. usually she will go a 7 or 8 hour stretch and at that point i still have to sometimes wake her up to eat. she will go back down for another 2 1/2 to 3 hours which gives me plenty of rest! we went to the doctor last week and here are her stats...

height: 24 1/4 inches (96%)
weight: 12 lbs 2 oz (80%)
head circumfrence: 16 1/4 (90%)


{hello!}



{tired of taking pictures}


{holding her owl like a big girl!}


all i can say is we have a healthy and big girl!


2 comments:

  1. So proud we had some influence on her height. It must come from us being around you while you were carrying her. She was stretching to hear our voices. Obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! If I can offer some mom advice that I learned the hard way as a new mom....You gotta start letting E.T. wake YOU up at night if she is hungry NOT the other way around. I would bet my money that's the issue with naps! You gotta let that baby just sleep at night! You can most definitely stop waking her up at night to feed her at 2 months! In fact, after the first 2 weeks, you really should just do that last dreamfeed time, and then just let them stretch on their own. They say that 12 lbs is the magic number for sleeping 12 hours at night. 50% of 2 month olds sleep thru the night...usually that's the other 50% (in our case), but those are the stats! Most babies can sleep 12 hours at night by 9 weeks, but Micaiah took longer and STTN at 15 weeks 12 hours. Naps really get better when they sleep all night long. I've heard it said that babies can catch up on naps with nighttime sleep, but they can't catch up on nighttime sleep with naps. We've found that to be true. You can always put them to bed an hour earlier if they take crummy naps, but you can't make them sleep longer for naps if they haven't been sleeping good at night! She will let you know if she is truly hungry and she will cry. I took the monitor out of my room, too late, looking back. As soon as I took it out and just heard his crying to wake me, not amplified thru a monitor, he slept 12 hrs a week later. I was so nervous to do that, but it helped me to respond slower at night and your body as a mom is so in tune to your baby that you WILL hear her, even if you have doubts.

    I'm at the beach right now with my sister in law and another relative. We all have 1 year olds and I was asking them what they did and they just agreed with me that you NEVER wake up a sleeping baby to eat, especially at night. We all agree that they will SOUND off when hungry. Any other intervention just messes them up down the road with sleep. Let sleeping babies lie! :)

    ReplyDelete