Friday, January 31, 2014

the hospital

one week ago I was at the dr. for macy's cold which had turned into a wheeze. this was our second trip to the dr. just that week. the first was for emma taylor's ears. little did I know she would need to be hospitalized. we had dealt with rsv with emma taylor and that's what I thought was wrong. I knew had to work a nebulizer and give breathing treatments. little did I know how sick she was. a little cold turned into something much worse- pneumonia. we were at the dr.'s office for more than 2 hours giving breathing treatments and steroids to avoid the hospital but it was inevitable. God definitely gave me grace and strength that day. over 2 hours at the dr. and then longer at the hospital alone with a 5 month old and 2 1/2 year old. and somehow I didn't cry. the first night was rough. my regular pediatrician wasn't there and I had some disagreements with the admitting dr. lots of meds, breathing treatments, iv needles, and checking stats every time a turned around. it was exhausting. luckily the next day, glen took much of the day shift so I could take a shower and rest a bit, and emma taylor got to go to a friend's house where she had a blast. we did have to stay a second night but luckily macy was doing much better at that point. I had great nurses too which made the whole situation bearable. please continue praying for a full recovery for macy and rest for us!





 photo IMG_20140124_173335737_zpsdo5yvzdn.jpg

 photo IMG_20140125_120117260_zpsp2vdvf7t.jpg

happy to be home!

 photo IMG_20140126_162746879_zpskbvcxi1n.jpg

the next day, e.t. took all 3 of her babies to the dr. just in case :)

 photo IMG_20140127_083338296_zpszikidw22.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment