Monday, July 19, 2010

The Atlanta Braves

This past weekend Glen and I went to Atlanta to see a Braves game with our good friends Andrew and Elizabeth. It was supposed to be a surprise for both of the husbands. Glen found out first because I was doing some research for the trip at home, and Glen got home earlier than I had expected. There was a small piece of paper sitting on the couch and I wasn’t able to grab it in time, but me thinking that Glen wouldn’t be that observant thought he didn’t see it and later I told him that we were doing something the weekend of July17. Well he put it together. Andrew didn’t know for the longest time and Elizabeth broke down and told him 2 days before we went. Even though it wasn’t a surprise it was still a ton of fun!

We arrived in Atlanta for a late lunch. I had researched a lot of restaurants and found 3 possibilities. We decided on the Park Tavern, and I am so glad we did. After driving to the wrong park in a less than awesome part of town we made it to Piedmont Park (the biggest park in Atlanta). The restaurant sat right on the edge. We sat outside and had a great view of the park with the Atlanta skyline in the back ground. We all had burgers and they were great! The best thing about the park and restaurant was that there were dogs everywhere. It seemed like everyone had a dog. I really wish we could have brought Abby. We even saw two dogs that looked just like her.

Saturday night we went to the Braves game. This was my second baseball game ever. The only other one I have gone to see was the Augusta Green Jackets and that obviously wasn’t a big deal. We all had a lot of fun, and it was a terrific weekend away! The only thing I wish we would have done is take Monday off.

View of Piedmont Park from the Park Tavern


Waiting before the game




The field




I got the whole experience, even the giant $6 hotdog!


Chipper Jones





No comments:

Post a Comment