Thursday, April 1, 2010

Baked Sweet Potato Fries

I am not a big fan of sweet potatos. Not that I wouldn't eat them, but if there is something else to eat, I will most likely choose that something else over sweet potato cassarole or a baked sweet potato. Last night I decided to try sweet potato fries since Publix has sweet potatos for sale for only .39/lb! They were delicious! I drizzeled them with olive oil and seasoned them with cumin, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper before baking them at 425 in the oven for 20-30 min (depending how large you cut them) and flip half way through. I even made a Lime Mayo for them because Glen says "you don't eat ketchup on sweet potato fries"! I didn't know. I have never eaten sweet potato fries and I really like ketchup but I have to say the Lime Mayo was delicious on them!


Okay, so this next picture is not my sweet potato fries. It might be someone else's sweet potato fries but mine looked something like this and I didn't get an after picture because they were so delicious I had to eat them right away!


Sweet Potato Frie Seasoning

1/2 tsp Cumin
1/2 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Parsely
1 tsp Salt
10 Pepper Grinder turns



Lime Mayo

1/2 cup Mayo ( I like Hellmans with Olive Oil)
1/2 Lime
2 tsp Adobo Seasoning

1 comment:

  1. This is something I've been wanting to make for awhile. Glad you posted your seasoning recipe - and I need to run to Publix and get some while they're on sale!

    ReplyDelete